|This page is UNDER CONSTRUCTION
The contents of this page may be informal and incorrect. Please help by adding reliable info and correcting wrong data! We apologize for any inconvenience.
The McLaren Senna is a limited-production mid-engined super car manufactured by McLaren Automotive. The car is the third addition in the McLaren Ultimate Series, joining the F1 and the P1; however, it is not a direct successor to either of the cars. The Senna was unveiled online by the company on 10 December 2017, with the official unveiling taking place at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show.
The car is named after the Brazilian Formula One race driver Ayrton Senna, honouring and giving tribute to his success with the McLaren Formula One Team between 1988 and 1993 Formula 1 seasons. Senna won three Formula One World Drivers' Championship titles and thirty-five Formula One Grand Prix race wins with the team. McLaren also won four consecutive Formula One World Constructor's Championship titles with Senna as part of their driver line-up.
McLaren Automotive holds the rights to the Senna family name along with the Instituto Ayrton Senna. The organisation and McLaren have made the Senna name exclusive to the car, thereby prohibiting any other company from using the name.
McLaren's main focus while designing the Senna was to achieve faster lap times. In order to do so, McLaren developed a lightweight design that incorporated aerodynamic elements.
The Senna is largely based on the McLaren 720S, using a modified version of its carbon fibre monocoque and engine. The Senna is powered by a modified version of the McLaren 720S' 3,994 cc (4.0 L; 243.7 cu in) twin-turbocharged V8 engine codenamed the M840TR. It utilises a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission that delivers all 800 PS (588 kW; 789 hp) at 7,250 rpm and 590 lb⋅ft (800 N⋅m) of torque at 5,500 rpm to the rear wheels. Unlike the previous offering in the Ultimate Series, the P1, the Senna does not use an electric motor in favour of its low claimed dry weight of 1,198 kg (2,641 lb), which allows for a maximum power-to-weight ratio of 667 PS (491 kW; 658 hp) per ton.Sourced from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_Senna
The top speed of this car is pretty good stock at 384 KM/H (238 MPH) and can compete with the other vehicles around this price range.
The Mclovin Siena has decent acceleration accompanied by good top speed making it very good all round whether you are racing on a Drag Strip or Around the World.
The Siena's braking is phenomenal and the vehicle with slow down incredibly fast. Even from max speed, the stock brakes makes car halt in an instant.
HandlingThe handling of the car is light, it understeers at first but the chassis unsettles the rear tires and can begin to slide very easily. Use this in combination with the powerful brakes which helps the car maintain grip through a corner.
The max speed at 529 KM/H(328 MPH) is incredible for at car at this price point, if not even outrunning many other cars more expensive than this.
The acceleration is far more responsive than stock and the power delivery is much faster and consistent. The acceleration is very smooth allowing you to drive smoothly in corners and coming out of them.
The braking is simply the best part of this car and with racing brakes, the stopping distance is incomparable to most (if not all) of the vehicles in the game. This allows you to brake much later than other people on track based races but be very conservative not to overuse it as it will stop you in an instant.
HandlingThe handling becomes slightly better and the effects from different tires aren't very distinctable. The car is very easy to drift once it starts to lose grip.
- The Siena has a unique secondary colouring system, with it colouring a stripe and a trim, rather than large parts of the car. This allows for unique paint jobs.
- The Siena has a top speed of 380 mp/h with enough road a fully maxed out specs on pro long.
- The model ingame has a lot of similarities to the real one, however is not exactly the same. It is speculated that it is this way because of copyright.
- This is third McLaren Model to appear in game. after McLaren 650S GT3 & McLaren P1.
- It is the second car added from McLaren's Ultimate Series in game, the first being the McLaren P1.
- The car also appears on a cover art for 2018 open-world car driving game Forza Horizon 4 for Xbox One.
- The car is named after Ayrton Senna, an former Brazilian Formula One Car Driver who died in a 1994 San Marino Grand Prix.
- This car can keep up with a P1 until the P1 reaches the certain speed on a track, so therefore, realistically a P1 is better on track, maybe not drag.