The Chevy Camaro has been renamed to Gauntlet Cantero due to trademark infringement.
The Chevrolet Camaro is an American automobile manufactured by Chevrolet, classified as a pony car and some versions also as a muscle car. It went on sale on September 29, 1966, for the 1967 model year and was designed as a competing model to the Ford Mustang. The car shared its platform and major components with the Pontiac Firebird, also introduced for 1967. Four distinct generations of the Camaro were developed before production ended in 2002. The nameplate was revived on a concept car that evolved into the fifth-generation Camaro; production started on March 16, 2009.
Overall this car has very good specs, compared to the price. These are not the best ones in the game, therefore most players skip this car.
The max speed of the Cantero is pretty good for a fairly cheap car.
The Gauntlet Cantero has a decent/okay acceleration. This value can be increased by modifying the car in the Auto Tuner, however, the acceleration will still be considered decent.
The braking on this car is AMAZING (0.9-1). This is often a surprise to players for having such a high amount of braking power for a low price.
The Gauntlet Cantero has quite awful handling, for it is only 0.15.
Quite large boost of around 100 KMH, slightly better for grinding.
Small difference of about 0.1 seconds. Does not improve too much, and you still are unlikely to win races with this car.
Braking only increases an insignificant amount, but it is still one of the best in Vehicle Simulator.
The handling does not seem to improve in the slightest, and is worse then that of a fully tuned Chevy Impala.
- In the movie Transformers, the character Bumblebee is first shown as a 1976 Camaro and later on a fifth generation concept
- A modified fifth-generation Camaro is used in the sequels
- This version of the Camaro ZL1 is 3 - 6 years old. There is a new 2017 Camaro ZL1. Many camaro fans are upset because of this.
- In 2010, the Camaro was named, "Best looking car".
- In 2016, The Camaro was named Car of the year by MotorTrend.
- In 2018, The Camaro ZL1 1LE ran 7:16.04 on the nurburging.